While ants may be a common nuisance, it’s important to deal with them swiftly, as they can cause health and safety issues for humans and pets alike. Oftentimes, professional ant extermination is necessary to completely eradicate the issue.
Fire Ant Control to Carpenter Ants Flexible Pest Services Has You Covered!
Whether you’re dealing with fire ants, argentine ants, carpenter ants, odorous house ants or little black ants, expert ant removal services will save you time and money, in the long run. Depending on the ant species, structural damage or bites, may occur. All ants harbor bacteria and transfer it to every surface they walk along. This means countertops, pet bowls, pantries, utensils and other items may become breeding grounds for diseases such as e coli and salmonella.
Common Ant Types In Georgia
- Fire Ants: They are small, red and identifiable by the red, clay mounds they produce. These ants carry venom and will collectively bite if the nest is disturbed. The bites are painful and are particularly worrisome for young children, pets or individuals with fire ant venom allergies. A life-threatening allergic reaction called anaphylaxis may occur following fire ant bites. It is advised that a reliable ant pest service handle fire ant removal, as they can employ a method that effectively kills the colony within minutes.
- Carpenter Ants: There are two species of carpenter ants here in Georgia, the black carpenter ant and the Florida carpenter ant. The black carpenter ant is black with a yellow, hairy band on its abdomen. The Florida carpenter ant is red in color, with a shiny black midsection. While carpenter ants tend to be larger than little black ants, they can vary in size. These pests can cause a lot of structural damage, as they chew through wood to make their nests. Carpenter ant colonies are drawn to moisture, particularly moisture-damaged wood, on the exterior of a home.
- Argentine Ants: They are small and light to dark brown in color. Argentine ant colonies can become quite large very quickly, as there can be several queens. They are drawn to moisture and can find their way into your home through cracks near windows, in foundations , concrete or by doors. They build their nests outside but come into the home seeking sweet foods or oils. You’ll notice this species of ant when you see them traveling quickly up the side of buildings, along concrete cracks or under the edge of carpet.
- Odorous House Ants: This ant is small, usually brown or black with an oval shaped lower half. The Odorous house ant gets its name due to the foul smell it excretes when it is crushed. These ants nest near moisture sources, both inside and outside the home, but tend to move their nests every 3 months when living outdoors, based on rainfall. Odorous house ants are drawn to sweets and can contaminate food left on countertops or food left unsealed in pantries.
- Little Black Ants: The little black ant gets its name for being small in size and solid black in color. There can be several queens per colony, which means they multiple quickly and a large infestation can happen fast. These ants are drawn to a variety of food sources, including fruits, vegetables, meat, sweets and oils. They are often found outside in or near wooded areas.
There are approximately 25 different species of ants that reside in Georgia alone. The first step in dealing with an infestation is to properly identify which species is inhabiting the premises. A top-rated ant control company, such as Flexible Pest Services, can aid in identifying which species you’re dealing with and recommend the best treatment options accordingly.
Our Ant Control Services Are Near You!
At Flexible Pest Services, we provide a top-to-bottom home inspection in order to identify current, or potential, pest issues. Our technicians inspect attics, crawl spaces, basements, and the complete perimeter of your home’s exterior to determine which ant species is present. We work one-on-one with our customers to accurately pinpoint areas of concern and offer a customized treatment plan based on your unique situation.
Our expertly trained technicians use advanced technology and methods to effectively address the ant infestation. Our Flex-Max Protection Plan includes a heavily detailed inspection, treatment option plan, comprehensive service report following every visit and follow-up response visits, if necessary.
Preventing ant infestations is always the best course of action. We recommend sealing up cracks in foundations, driveways and all exterior walls. Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home and keep grass, flowers and shrubbery trimmed. We also provide proactive treatments that will ensure your home is protected from ants. Proactive treatments are used on lawns, landscapes, outdoor property and sometimes within the exterior of the home to prevent any future ant activity from occurring.
Are you ready to say good-bye to ants for good? We offer single visit calls, quarterly, monthly, bi-monthly and yearly options. Contact Flexible Pest Services today to schedule your free ant inspection and assessment.